Rules and Notices
Important: Fall tournaments are designed to be an enjoyable break between the intensity of summer and winter training. Please maintain this spirit and "go with the flow".
- All Baseball Ontario rules for this age group apply including mercy rules, pitch count rules, bat rules etc.
- No inning may start after 2hr15m for all pool games and semi finals
- Tie games will be allowed to stand in pool play
- Pre-game warm ups on the infield is fine is there is time and teams agree.
- Home team shall maintain the score and the visiting team shall keep the official pitch count. Pitch counts of the Official Pitch Counter will be the ONLY numbers used
- Home team in all pool games shall be determined by a coin flip between the teams. Teams will handle this on their own.
- Ties will be broken using this method
- Head to head record among tied teams
- Team with the smallest runs against ratio in all games
- Team with the highest runs for ratio in all games
- Coin toss
- Line-up cards do not need to be exchanged, teams may bat all players and use free defensive substitutions.
Bat Rules (new for 2022)
We will be using the Baseball Ontario 2022 bat rules for ages 14+. Per Baseball Ontario:
- For 14U and 15U play, wood bats and non-wood bats may be used. Only non-wood bats with a length-to-weight differential of -5 or less are permitted.
- For all levels of play 16U and above, only wood, wood composite, and wood-like material bats are permitted. Wood composite bats include wood or bamboo bats with fiberglass sheathing and wood barrelled bats with composite handles. Wood composite bats do not include any bat that has any metallic component.
- Baseball Ontario does not mandate bat certification (ie: BBCOR, USAAA, etc). All non-wood bats must have a visible manufacturer’s stamp with the length-to-weight differential (drop) clearly identified. Wood bats include bamboo bats,
We have a partnership with the Crowne Plaza Kitchener Waterloo (519-744-4141 | email@example.com) for accomodations. You are not obligated to stay at this hotel but we are building a relationship and other teams have booked here.