KMBA Try Out Policy & Procedure
Our tryout policy reflects our association goals to:
- Reduce financial barriers for families wishing to participate in our Rep baseball program by running our tryout process with no registration fees
- Ensure expertise during player evaluation by utilizing evaluation panels where appropriate
- Post result notifications in an anonymous manner to limit player anxiety while still providing access to receive feedback
- Players will try out for Panthers Rep & Select programming at no cost
- KMBA will seek to communicate program fees for 2022 prior to tryouts
- Interested players will register for try-outs online only – timing will be communicated to all current players and the broader community as soon as possible
- Players 12U and older will be asked to identify positions that they would like to be evaluated for
- Evaluation panels will be utilized where possible shape all rosters, this may not always be possible.
- Coaches may choose to have current players sit out the first evaluation night to concentrate on new players
- Players will be evaluated based on their registration responses – for example, if you did not choose catcher, you will not be evaluated in that position.
- ALL PLAYERS SHOULD BE PREPARED TO THROW A BULLPEN FOR 10U and older
KMBA expects coaches to employ a wide variety of evaluative strategies including, but not limited to:
- Stations on the diamond, in the outfield
- Batting cages
- Bullpen areas
- Player interviews and surveys
- Exhibition Game format via split squad or against another tryout roster
- Any players being released may be notified via email or online
- KMBA rosters will be formatted using the following structure: 8U/9U – 12-13 players, 10U/11U – 13-14 players, 12U/13U – 14-15 players, 14U and up – 15 or more players
- Roster selections will take place during age group specific roster selection meetings and will start with the top team and then move through the Baseball Ontario registered rosters. All head coaches in the age group will deliberate and create the rosters together. In the event that there are not 8 players and a secured head coach for a team on October 15th, a team will not be formed, and the players will be given details for our HL Program. If a team is formed, it must have a full roster by February 15th, or the team will fold and the players will be given details for our HL Program.